Globe straight-way LTG4 Series Control Valves have the same body, bonnet and seat ring of LTG3 series. The main difference is the design of the plug which is balanced type and contoured shaped for the throttling function. The cage, provided with large windows, clamps the seat ring against the body and acts also as the integral guide of the plug. The trim is of quick change type for an easy maintenance. These valves combine the benefits of plug balancing and quick-change feature of LTG3 series with the simple and versatile construction of contoured plug which allows a wide selection of materials, coatings and flow characteristics. Also dirty, abrasive and very corrosive fluids can be successfully handled without the inconvenient sometime occurring in conventional throttling cage valves. The limitations about low-noise and anticavitation characteristics are compensated by the free-passage shape of the plug with reduced risk of local erosionand clogging.
- Flanged, butt-welded
- Cast std construction; also wrought or bar construction for 2″ and 3″ sizes
- Face-to-face dimensions as per IEC 60534-3-1 long series
- Sizes: 2″, 3″, 4″, 6″, 8″, 10″, 12″, ratings up to ANSI 150, 300, 600, 900, 1500, 2500
- Materials: Carbon, Cr-Mo and Stainless Steels
- Materials: carbon, Cr-Mo and AISI 316 stainless steel
- Extended bonnet for either for high and low temperature applications as a standard feature
- Seat ring quick-change and free-expanding type, precisely coupled with the cage to ensure a perfect plug alignment.
- Balanced and fully guided plug available in contoured, flat disc for quick opening operation, soft seat, cascade trim options
- Seal rings for leakage classes IV and better: metal, teflon, metal and graphite
- Linear and equal % trim up to 2” port included – modified linear for higher sizes